- Did you know the croissant was invented in Austria
- Did you know In eastern Africa you can buy beer brewed from bananas
- Did you know African Grey Parrots have vocabularies of over 200 words
- Did you know a giraffe can clean its ears with its 21 inch tongue
- Did you know Australia was originally called New Holland
- Did you know ‘Lonely Planet’ for travelers is based in Melbourne Australia
- Did you know the sentence “the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog” uses every letter in the English alphabet
- Did you know the Grand Canyon can hold around 900 trillion footballs
- Did you know all the blinking in one day equates to having your eyes closed for 30 minutes
- Did you know your foot has 26 bones in it
- Did you know the average human brain contains around 78% water
- Did you know your brain uses between 20 – 25% of the oxygen your breathe
- Did you know 1 nautical knot equates to 1.852 Kph (1.150 mph)
- Did you know if you add up all the numbers from 1 to 100 consecutively (1 + 2 + 3…) it totals 5050
- Did you know sponges hold more cold water than hot
- Did you know lightning strikes the Earth 6,000 times every minute
- Did you know fire usually moves faster uphill than downhill
- Did you know cats have over 100 vocal chords
- Did you know camel’s milk doesn’t curdle
- Did you know elephants sleep between 4 – 5 hours in 24 period
- Did you know Ralph Lauren’s original name was Ralph Lifshitz
- Did you know Elvis’s middle name was Aron
- Did you know Bill Gates began programming computers at the of age 13
- Did you know Madonna and Michael Jackson were both born in 1958
- Did you know Isaac Newton invented the cat door
- Did you know Einstein slept 10 hours a night
- Did you know Sir Isaac Newton was 23 when he discovered the law of gravity
- Did you know Leonardo Da Vinci invented scissors
- Did you know Elvis Presley made only 1 television commercial
- Did you know Shakespeare invented the words ‘assassination’ and ‘bump’
- Did you know Tiger Woods’ real first name is Eldrick
- Did you know it took Leonardo Da Vinci 10 years to paint Mona Lisa
- Did you know before beginning his movie career Keanu Reeves managed a pasta shop in Toronto Canada
- Did you know Chevy Chase’s real first name is Cornelius
- Did you know between 1931 and 1969 Walt Disney was awarded 35 Oscars
- Did you know Albert Einstein never knew how to drive a car
I’m not sure if a blogger invented this,but there are some great stuff on the list.
- Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
- When in doubt, just take the next small step.
- Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
- Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
- Pay off your credit cards every month.
- You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
- Cry with someone. It’s more healing than crying alone.
- It’s OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
- Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck.
- When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
- Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up the present.
- It’s OK to let your children see you cry.
- Don’t compare your life to others’. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
- If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn’t be in it.
- Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don’t worry; God never blinks.
- Life is too short for long pity parties. Get busy living, or get busy dying.
- You can get through anything if you stay put in today.
- A writer writes. If you want to be a writer, write.
- It’s never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.
- When it comes to going after what you love in life, don’t take no for an answer.
- Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don’t save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
- Over prepare, then go with the flow.
- Be eccentric now. Don’t wait for old age to wear purple.
- The most important sex organ is the brain.
- No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
- Frame every so-called disaster with these words: “In five years, will this matter?”
- Always choose life.
- Forgive everyone everything.
- What other people think of you is none of your business.
- Time heals almost everything. Give time time.
- However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
- Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
- Believe in miracles.
- God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn’t do.
- Whatever doesn’t kill you really does make you stronger.
- Growing old beats the alternative – dying young.
- Your children get only one childhood. Make it memorable.
- Read the Psalms. They cover every human emotion.
- Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
- If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else’s, we’d grab ours back.
- Don’t audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
- Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
- All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
- Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
- The best is yet to come.
- No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
- Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
- If you don’t ask, you don’t get.
- Life isn’t tied with a bow, but it’s still a gift.
This is one of the most popular letter in the world.Many of us might not have seen this,so i thought about sharing it to my wonderful viewers. Abraham Lincoln send an inspiring letter to his son’s teacher.
“My son starts school today. It is all going to be strange and new to him for a while and I wish you would treat him gently. It is an adventure that might take him across continents. All adventures that probably include wars, tragedy and sorrow. To live this life will require faith, love and courage.
So dear Teacher, will you please take him by his hand and teach him things he will have to know, teaching him – but gently, if you can. Teach him that for every enemy, there is a friend. He will have to know that all men are not just, that all men are not true. But teach him also that for every scoundrel there is a hero, that for every crooked politician, there is a dedicated leader.
Teach him if you can that 10 cents earned is of far more value than a dollar found. In school, teacher, it is far more honorable to fail than to cheat. Teach him to learn how to gracefully lose, and enjoy winning when he does win.
Teach him to be gentle with people, tough with tough people. Steer him away from envy if you can and teach him the secret of quiet laughter. Teach him if you can – how to laugh when he is sad, teach him there is no shame in tears. Teach him there can be glory in failure and despair in success. Teach him to scoff at cynics.
Teach him if you can the wonders of books, but also give time to ponder the extreme mystery of birds in the sky, bees in the sun and flowers on a green hill. Teach him to have faith in his own ideas, even if every one tell him they are wrong.
Try to give my son the strength not to follow the crowd when everyone else is doing it. Teach him to listen to every one, but teach him also to filters all that he hears on a screen of truth and take only the good that comes through.
Teach him to sell his talents and brains to the highest bidder but never to put a price tag on his heart and soul. Let him have the courage to be impatient, let him have the patient to be brave. Teach him to have sublime faith in himself, because then he will always have sublime faith in mankind, in God.
This is the order, teacher but see what best you can do. He is such a nice little boy and he is my son.
- Did you know stewardesses is the longest word that is typed with only the left hand
- Did you know there is no such thing as a naturally blue food
- Did you know honey is the only natural food which never goes off
- Did you know M&M’s chocolate stands for the initials for its inventors Mars and Murrie
- Did you know that you burn more calories eating celery than it contains (the more you eat the thinner you become)
- Did you know the only continent with no active volcanoes is Australia
- Did you know the longest street in the world is Yonge street in Toronto Canada measuring 1,896 km (1,178 miles)
- Did you know about 90% of the worlds population kisses
- Did you know Coca-Cola originally contained cocaine
- Did you know in every episode of Seinfeld there is a reference to Superman
- Did you know the Internet was originally called ARPANet (Advanced Research Projects Agency Network) designed by the US department of defense
- Did you know sound travels almost 5 times faster underwater than in air
- Did you know toilets use 35% of indoor water use
- Did you know the fortune cookie was invented in San Francisco
You went to commit murder a day to the end of the world
You went to kiss a girl who has mucor in her mouth
You disgrace your girlfriend,a day he got famous
You died a day before power was stable in Nigeria
You went to the desert to deficate and found a roaring lion at you front
You went to swim the day the sharks declared riot
You get your book published on paper and the world declared the eradication of paper and a new era of technology
Your boss slept with your girl friend a day you were about to propose to her.
You kept thinking about an idea and the world thinks its foolishness
You found a mosquito in your food,after finishing up half of the plate
You go to the movies and used up the money on you
You polluted the air when the girl you’ve been toasting for months,knock at the door
Your father died the day you knew him
Your worst enemy becomes your brothers best friend
You spend your time worthy out life,then you died
The person you Love died the day you expressed it
You keep updating your facebook status and nobody ever commented
You kept stuttering when you were asked to defend your proposal